Since I've sent my mom two cards in the last four weeks, I thought I'd do something a little different for Mother's Day and make a public declaration of her awesomeness right here. (Lest you think I'm a bad daughter who didn't mail a card in time, I assure you I've been planning this for well over the 2 - 3 business days it takes to get a card from DC to Michigan.)
Here are some of the cool things about my mom you may not know:
* The Travel Agency of Val: This woman can find deals, change seats, coax information out of airlines and book flights like nobody's business.
* Highway to the Danger Zone: She drives really fast sometimes, which I think is hilarious.
* Stuff This: She is a great cook. The Atkin family stuffing recipe, peanut chicken, and meatloaf are just some of the highlights. (Everything except that casserole with the potato chips on top, which I hate but everyone else likes. And that soup we fed to deer when I was 6.)
* She's Always Right: Even when she's wrong, she's right. This used to annoy me when I was a teenager, but now I just hope I'm that smart when I grow up. (Which apparently has still not happened...)
* iMom: She got an iPhone (Edit: Before me!) She's on Facebook (where my friends Friend her, which kind of says it all.) LinkedIn, and once said, "We have GOT to get your father on Dopplr."
I could go on, and on, and on, and on like about that time she went out and bought me Excedrin when I was quite literally dying of hangover, or when she drives me the airport at 4:45am, or how she cooked me seperate meals as a kid because I was such a "god damn picky eater," or when she sends me fun things in the mail out of the blue. But I'll end it here - Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you - thanks for all that you do and raising us right.